Aurora & Autumn Colours at the Arctic Circle
- Single supplement CAD $600
- Prices are per person based on double occupancy
- All transactions are in Canadian dollars.
- 5% GST will be added.
- AAC 01/2017Aug 21 2017 to Aug 27 2017
- AAC 02/2017Aug 28 2017 to Sep 3 2017
- AAC 03/2017Sep 4 2017 to Sep 10 2017
We'll greet you at the airport and transfer you to the Hotel in downtown Whitehorse. Meet your guide and the other participants for an information meeting. The rest of the day is at your leisure.
Start of our adventure trip to the north: We’ll drive along the Klondike Highway and stop en route to take pictures. We’ll arrive in Dawson City (540 kms / 340 miles) in late afternoon. After dinner we go to the Midnight Dome with beautiful Views of the Yukon and Klondike Rivers, and an unobstructed view to the north. Hopefully we’ll have our first encounter with the amazing Aurora Borealis.
We're off on the road less traveled! We'll leave the last trappings of civilization behind (we are well equipped) and head north on the Dempster Highway with its unsurpassed views, overwhelming beauty and magnitude of the landscapes. We'll stop at various spots to marvel at the immense landscape. We reach Eagle Plains in late afternoon. Here we'll find the only hotel, gas station and repair services along the entire highway. Don't expect a luxury hotel, but practical and clean accommodations that we'll share with highway work crews, ice road truckers and worldwide travelers.
The location just south of the Arctic Circle and the altitude offer an unrestricted view. If we are lucky we'll see the spectacle of light by the Northern Lights in the star spangled sky.
Today we're exploring Autumn wonderland at its best. We'll drive to the Arctic Circle Interpretative Display, with panoramic views of the Richardson Mountains. Shortly after, we'll reach the border with Northwest Territories. We'll take the time to explore and photograph the impressive colorful landscape. Then we drive back to Eagle Plains for dinner. Weather permitting we can see the Aurora Borealis dancing.
Today you can sleep in before we return to Dawson. Again the amazing views of the color covered mountains along the road will keep you clicking away! In Dawson City we will go up to the Midnight Dome to see the Northern Lights.
On the drive back to Whitehorse the landscape, again, will not stop to amaze you. Don't put away your camera yet! Once in Whitehorse you'll check in at the hotel downtown.
We'll take you to the airport in time for your flight.
- Airport transfers in Whitehorse.
- 6 nights accommodation in hotels and motels.
- All transportation as per itinerary in safe and comfortable SUV (4WD).
- Arctic Circle certificate.
- Aurora certificate.
- Fees and licenses.
- Emergency equipment including satellite phone.
- Experienced driver / guide for the duration of the tour.
- Meals and beverages other then stated.
- Trip cancelation & medical insurance: We strongly recommend you purchase adequate insurance coverage at the time of booking. Your policy should cover injury, illness or death, trip cancelation, emergency medical, search & rescue, flight accident, travel accident, loss of baggage and personal effects.
- This trip starts and ends in Whitehorse.
- The Aurora Borealis or Northern Lights is a natural phenomena. Due to weather conditions (clouds) and/or activity level of the Aurora, there is a chance it will not be always visible.
- Average temperatures at this time of year are between 25° and - 10° Celsius. We ask you to bring adequate clothing for these temperatures. Upon request you can rent a clothing package from Nature Tours of Yukon.
- Nature Tours of Yukon provides all necessary emergency equipment for traveling in remote conditions, including satellite phone.
- On this tour there is a possibility that there may be last-minute changes to the itinerary due to the nature of the excursion. We may experience unforeseen delays due to road closures, inclement weather or other reasons. We'll do our best to provide an alternate program of equivalent importance and value, and of a similar nature.
- You will be required to sign a 'release of claims and waiver of liability' form prior to the departure of this tour.