The Arctic Explorer
- Single room supplement:CAD $765
- Price is per person based on double occupancy.
- All transactions are in Canadian dollars. 5% GST will be added,
- ConfirmedNDH 01/2018Jun 22 2018 to Jun 29 2018Available Spaces:1
- FullNDH 02/2018Jul 6 2018 to Jul 13 2018Available Spaces:0
- ConfirmedNDH 03/2018Jul 20 2018 to Jul 27 2018Available Spaces:1
- ConfirmedNDH 04/2018Aug 10 2018 to Aug 17 2018
We'll greet you at the airport and bring you to the Hotel in downtown Whitehorse. In the evening your guide will meet you at your hotel and explain the details on our tour to the Arctic. (No meals included)
Start of our adventure trip to the north: We’ll drive along the famous Alaska- and Klondike Highways and stop an route to take pictures. See the Five Finger Rapids and cross some of the great northern rivers: Yukon River, Pelly and Stewart River are on our route today. We’ll arrive in Dawson City late in the afternoon. (No meals included.)
This whole day is dedicated to Dawson City and its Gold rush history. We'll drive up the mountain to take in the incredible views encompassing the city. We'll visit the gold dredge and we'll try our luck at panning for gold. In the evening we'll visit a gold rush style gambling hall that offers roulette, blackjack, slot machines and we see the spectacular Can-Can Shows. (No meals included)
We're off on the road less traveled! We'll leave the last trappings of civilization behind and head north on the Dempster Highway. We'll stop frequently to marvel at the immense landscape with alpine creeks, craggy mountains and treeless tundra. We'll cross several mountain passes to reach Eagle Plains in late afternoon. Here we'll find the only hotel, gas station and repair services along the entire highway. This is not a luxury hotel, but a true northern truck stop, a tiny spot of civilization in the middle of the vast wilderness. (Lunch included)
For many this day offers the most spectacular views of the trip: we'll cross the Arctic Circle, have panoramic views of the Richardson Mountains and we'll cross in to the Northwest Territories. Once through the last mountain pass, we'll descend into the seemingly endless Mackenzie River valley. We'll cross the Peel River by ferry and we'll continue to the Mackenzie River which we'll also cross by river ferry. Another hour and a half gets us to Inuvik and our hotel room. (No meals included)
This will be another fascinating day! We’ll drive over the brand new road past the famous Pingos (vegetation covered hills with an ice core) and the lake strewn northern tundra to Tuktoyaktuk on the shores of the Beaufort Sea. We'll explore the community in the company of an Inuvialuit guide. In "Tuk", the Inuivialuit (Eskimo) population lives a partly traditional life style with hunting, trapping and fishing. The town is nicely situated in a sheltered bay on the Beaufort Sea. (No meals included)
After breakfast, you'll take off on your next adventure! (No meals included)
- Airport transfers in Whitehorse and Inuvik
- 7 nights accommodation in hotels and lodges
- All transportation as per itinerary
- Sightseeing in Dawson City, entry to Dredge #4, gold panning - you keep what you find!-, Gerties can-can show.
- Arctic Circle certificate.
- Sightseeing with Iocal guide in Tuktoyaktuk.
- Scheduled flight from Inuvik to Whitehorse
- Fees and licenses
- Emergency equipment (first aid kit, bear spray, satellite phone)
- Experienced driver / guide for the duration of the tour.
- Meals and beverages in hotels and restaurants.
- Trip cancellation & medical insurance: We strongly recommend you purchase adequate insurance coverage at the time of booking. Your policy should cover injury, illness or death, trip cancellation, emergency medical, search & rescue, flight accident, travel accident, loss of baggage and personal effects.
- On this tour there is a possibility that there may be last-minute changes to the itinerary due to the nature of the excursion. We may experience unforeseen delays due to weather or other reasons. We'll do our best to provide an alternate program of equivalent importance and value, and of a similar nature.
- Some meals and hygiene up north do not always meet our high standards. The unique values of the experience however will more than just make up for this.
- You will be required to sign a 'release of claims and waiver of liability' form prior to the departure of this tour.
For the ultimate Arctic experience, check out our Arctic Discovery Tour: The best Arctic winter adventure Nature Tours of Yukon has to offer. Experience the true nature of Yukon, cross the Arctic Circle and drive the famous Ice Roads.