Kluane National Park; the Donjek Glacier
- Single supplement (hotel & tent)| CAD $195
- Prices per person based on double occupancy, 5% GST will be added, all transactions are in Canadian dollars
- NDR 01/2018Jul 9 2018 to Jul 20 2018
- NDR 02/2018Jul 30 2018 to Aug 10 2018
- NDR 03/2018Aug 6 2018 to Aug 17 2018
After arriving at the airport, we'll transfer you to the hotel in downtown Whitehorse. The rest of the day is at your leisure. You’ll have some time for shopping, a visit to the McBride museum or the Visitors Center. In the evening you’ll meet your guide and the other participants for an information meeting
In the morning we drive out to Kluane National Park (2.5 hours). In the afternoon we fly out from Haines Junction to the starting point of the great Donjek adventure. Overnight on the trail.
Day 3 to 10
During these days you will be hiking the Donjek Route accompanied and guided by one of our experienced guides. Together with our guide you will explore this remote route and its surrounding alpine areas. You will learn about wilderness camping and travel with minimal impact on nature (leave no trace hiking/camping).
The final day of your 120 km trek through this rugged landscape. At the end of the route our van awaits you to bring you back to Whitehorse to a friendly hotel with a hot shower and a comfortable bed.
- All transfers and transportation according itinerary
- Flight Haines Junction - to lake in Kluane National Park
- 2 Nights of accommodation in hotel in Whitehorse
- All other nights during our backcountry trip in 2 person tents
- All meals and non-alcoholic beverages during backpacking
- All equipment such as stove, dishes, tents etc. except for sleeping bag & sleeping pad
- Saftey equipment (bear proof food barrels, bear spray, satellite phone, SPOT, first aid kit)
- Fees and licenses
- Parks Canada licensed guide.
- Meals and beverages in hotels and restaurants, except if otherwise stated
- Trip cancellation & medical insurance: We strongly recommend you purchase adequate insurance coverage at the time of booking. Your policy should cover injury, illness or death, trip cancellation, emergency medical, search & rescue, flight accident, travel accident, loss of baggage and personal effects
- This hiking expedition is for very experienced hikers only!
- During our Donjek hiking expedition everyone must carry part of the load, approximately 18 kg (40 lbs). This includes your own gear, some camping gear and a portion of the food. We will carry the bare minimum and safely store your other belongings in Whitehorse.
- For this trip you must be in excellent health and physical condition, as this route is very difficult and challenging.
- This trip requires hiking experience. Although you can rely on our guide for route finding skills, map and compass skills and creek/river crossing skills, we will encounter fast rivers and creeks, rock fall and difficult terrain. Weather conditions may change dramatically and August can already be quite cold.
- All participants must prepare their personal gear for rapidly changing weather, steep, rugged terrain and cold, swift flowing streams. Our recommended Chilkoot Equipment List forms a good lead when preparing your this trip, bust most important items include sturdy, well broken in hiking boots, gaiters, creek crossing footwear and a hiking pole (useful for creek crossings).
- On this trip there is a possibility that there may be last-minute changes to the itinerary due to the weather, park regulations or other reasons. We'll do our best to provide an alternate program.
- There is a high chance we will see grizzly bears on this route. It's of the upmost importance for your and the bear's safety that you comply with our guide's bear encounter procedures.
- You will be required to sign a 'release of claims and waiver of liability' form prior to the departure of this tour.