Yukon Quest 2019
- Single room supplement CAD $750
- Prices are per person based on double occupancy. All transactions are in Canadian dollars
- YukonQuest / 2019Jan 31 2019 to Feb 8 2019
Day 1 - January 31
- Excitement is in the air -
Arrival at Whitehorse airport, transfer to your hotel.
Meet your guide and the other participants for a pre-trip information meeting. Your Arctic winter clothing package will be available at the hotel upon your arrival. A Yukon Quest welcome package will be waiting in your room, with up-to-date itinerary details, maps and information. the rest of the day is at your leisure to explore Whitehorse.
In the evening you’re invited to the Yukon Quest Annual Start Banquet where you can mingle with the mushers before they embark on their epic journey. (Banquet included)
Overnight in Whitehorse.
Day 2 - February 1
- It’s a snow day -
In the morning we invite you to join us on a City Tour and we will show you around Yukon’s capital city.In the afternoon you’ll explore Whitehorse’ backcountry on snowshoes, and experience firsthand what the Yukon winter is all about. (No meals included)
Day 3 - February 2
- The race is on -
In the morning your guide will drive you to the start of the 2019 Yukon Quest. Feel the excitement build as the athletes and their humans arrive at the start enclosure. Find a spot at the start line and prepare to shout encouragements as the teams leap forward out from the start shute. In the afternoon you could go dog sledding yourself and see what it's like to be out there with your team of dogs (this is an optional add-on and subject to availability). (No meals included)
Day 4 - February 3
- Are we there yet? -
The drive from Whitehorse to Dawson shows us already that tiny glimpse of awesomeness that lies ahead for the next days. We will stop on the way to see mushers arriving in various check points. And while driving make sure you don’t forget about the amazing landscapes: Snow covered roads, snow covered trees, snow covered mountains, ice covered rivers and a highway lodge snuggled beneath its white blanket, sleeping and waiting for the warm, endless summer days that will come along eventually. We’ll arrive in Dawson City in the evening. (Lunch included.)
Overnight in Dawson City.
Day 5 - February 4
- Sunrise in Dawson City -
Since we have to wait for the Yukon Quest teams to arrive in Dawson, we’re heading out on the Dempster Highway to Tombstone Territorial Park to catch a glimpse of the vast winter wilderness and see what all the fuss is about. Time to experience firsthand why they call Yukon “larger than life”. Be prepared to be amazed.
No visit to Dawson City is complete without a visit to famous Diamond Tooth Gertie's Gambling Hall. Enjoy the unique Klondike Gold Rush atmosphere and try your luck at the gambling tables. Mix and mingle with the other Yukon Quest fans and volunteers. (Lunch included)
Overnight in Dawson City.
Day 6 - February 5
- See them doggies run -
Be ready to cheer for the dog teams as they pull into Dawson City for their mandatory rest and check-in. Your guide will be available all day with transportation and up-to-the-minute race information. Meet the Yukon Quest crews and volunteers and see the inside operation as the day unfolds.
In between all the activities, you'll explore Dawson on a city tour. You could finish the night with a sip from the famous Sourtoe Cocktail or take a peek inside the famous and legendary bar "The Pit" in the Westminster Hotel. (no meals included)
Overnight in Dawson City.
Day 7 - February 6
- Was that a toe in my drink? -
After getting up close and personal with the famous sour toe cocktail last night, our small band of Yukon Quest fans is ready to return to civilization. But before you return to Whitehorse, say goodby to the four-legged athletes and their humans as they depart Dawson to continue on the trail to Fairbanks, Alaska. You’ll fly back to Whitehorse with Air North’ Yukon’s Airline. (No meals included)
Overnight in Whitehorse
Day 8 - February 7
- The experiences we had and the memories we’ve made -
After breakfast it’s time to say goodby. (No meals included)
Transfer to Whitehorse airport included.
- 7 nights hotel accommodation.
- Airport transfers.
- Yukon Quest Start Banquet.
- Lunches provided where indicated.
- Winter clothing package.
- Yukon Quest welcome package.
- Transfers to/from Dawson City.
- Private city tour in Dawson City.
- Yukon Quest events & activities in Dawson City.
- Guided trip to Tombstone Territorial Park.
- Air North flight from Dawson to Whitehorse.
- Meals and beverages other then stated.
- Trip cancelation & medical insurance: We strongly recommend you purchase adequate insurance coverage at the time of booking. Your policy should cover injury, illness or death, trip cancelation, emergency medical, search & rescue, flight accident, travel accident, loss of baggage and personal effects.
- Dates are not confirmed by the Yukon Quest and subject to change. We expect the actual race dates for 2019 to be released in spring 2018.
- Due to the nature of the race we cannot 100% guarantee as to when mushers actually arrive into any checkpoint. After all it is a race with humans,dogs and nature involved.