Canoeing Yukon's Big Salmon River
- Single room supplement: CAD $199 (hotel & tent)
- Extra for group of 3: CAD $495.00 p.p
- Extra for group of 2: CAD $1325.00 p.p.
- Prices are per person based on double occupancy, 5% GST extra, all transactions are in Canadian dollars
- NBS 01/2020Jun 28 2020 to Jul 9 2020
- NBS 02/2020Jul 12 2020 to Jul 23 2020
- NBS 03/2020Aug 2 2020 to Aug 13 2020
- NBS 04/2020Aug 23 2020 to Sep 3 2020
Arrival in Whitehorse. Transfer from Whitehorse Airport to the hotel in the city center. The rest of the day is at your leisure. In the evening your guide will meet you at your hotel and explain the details and getting prepared for canoeing the Big Salmon River. Of course, he will advise /assist you packing your dry bags.
In the morning your guide will meet you at your hotel and we drive to Quiet Lake, where your canoe adventure will start. Upon arrival at the first camp site, we make camp and prepare dinner. You will have no problems falling asleep in this quiet wilderness after such an exciting day
Days 3 to 10
On our way to the Big Salmon River we're canoeing on Quiet Lake, Sandy Lake and Big Salmon Lake after two days we'll reach Big Salmon River. The fast currents of the Big Salmon River can change quickly to easily passable rapids or to slower currents. It may be necessary to portage, or line the canoes around log jams and sweepers. The mountains, up to 2000 meters/6.500 ft. high, surround the endlessly winding Big Salmon River. The riverbanks are overgrown by deep impenetrable brush and forest; however, with some luck you might spot moose, bears, lynx, or wolves, and often you catch sight of beavers and bald eagle on the Big Salmon River. The fish we try to catch can provide variety on the daily menu. You'll have the opportunity to learn a few new tricks of wilderness survival. After nine days we leave the Big Salmon River behind and reach the Yukon River.
Today we'll make sure you will be on time at the airport for your flight home.
Other availble canoe trips:
- Airport transfers in Whitehorse;
- All transfers and transportation according itinerary
- 2 nights’ accommodation in hotel;
- All other nights during canoeing in 2 person tents;
- All meals and non-alcoholic beverages during canoe trip;
- All canoe equipment (canoe, life vest, paddle, watertight barrel)
- All camping equipment (stove, pots & pans, dishes, tents etc. (except for sleeping bag & sleeping pad)
- Emergency equipment (first aid kit, throw bags, bear spray, satellite phone).
- Fees and licenses;
- Licensed wilderness and river guide.
- Meals and beverages in hotels and restaurants;
- Sleeping bag & sleeping pad
- Trip cancellation & medical insurance: We strongly recommend you purchase adequate insurance coverage at the time of booking. Your policy should cover injury, illness or death, trip cancellation, emergency medical, search & rescue, flight accident, travel accident, loss of baggage and personal effects.
- Big Salmon River is a class 2 river which means some small rapids. Some canoe skills are required to navigate the tight passages around sweepers, log jams and log piles.
- The Big Salmon River is a wild river in a remote wilderness.
- You will be required to sign a 'release of claims and waiver of liability' form prior to the departure of this tour.