NEW! Base Camp Hiking in Kluane National Park
- Prices are per person based on double occupancy.
- 5% GST will be added.
- All transactions are in Canadian dollars.
- HKT 01/2020Jun 28 2020 to Jul 1 2020
- HKT 02/2020Jul 12 2020 to Jul 15 2020
- HKT 03/2020Aug 2 2020 to Aug 5 2020
- HKT 04/2020Aug 23 2020 to Aug 26 2020
In the morning we’ll drive the scenic Alaska highway to Kluane National Park. Your first views of the Kluane mountains are sure to amaze. Upon arrival in Haines Junction you will have time to visit the cultural and visitors centres to learn more about the area before we go to set up our base camp. In the afternoon we'll get in our first little hike to get up close and personal with one of Canada’s most majestic landscapes. Overnight at the base camp. Lunch and Dinner included.
Time for your first full day hike in Kluane! Based on the level of skill/fitness of the group members, a hike will be selected and you're off on and adventure into the mountains full of alpine wildlife (including Dall sheep, grizzly and black bears, pika, and many other species), glacial streams, and jaw-dropping views. You can expect to enjoy a well-deserved meal cooked over the fire after your hike! Overnight at the base-camp. Breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
Another day, another day hike! Kluane’s hikes are all unique and offer incredible views from various elevations and viewpoints. A second day hike is an opportunity to experience the beauty of Kluane from a new perspective! After an amazing day you'll spend the night relaxing on the shores of one of Kluane’s stunning lakes. Overnight at the base-camp. Breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
After we have packed up our tents there is time for one last hike in Kluane before we make our way back to Whitehorse.
- Transportation to Kluane National Park;
- Accommodation in 2 person tents at the base camp
- All meals during the trip including non-alcoholic beverages;
- All camping equipment: tents, stove, pots, dishes, etc. except for sleeping bag & sleeping pad;
- Kluane Park fees and licenses;
- Safety equipment (bear proof food containers, first aid kit, bear spray, satellite phone).
- Parks Canada licensed wilderness guide.
- Meals and beverages in hotels and restaurants;
- Sleeping bag & sleeping pad
- Trip cancellation & medical insurance: We strongly recommend you purchase adequate insurance coverage at the time of booking. Your policy should cover injury, illness or death, trip cancellation, emergency medical, search & rescue, flight accident, travel accident, loss of baggage and personal effects.
- You can add on hotel accommodation before and/ or after this trip.
- This trip requires some basic hiking experience.
- All participants must prepare their personal gear for rapidly changing weather; steep, rugged terrain and cold.
- There is a high chance you will see grizzly bears. It's of the upmost importance for your and the bear's safety that you comply with our guide's bear encounter procedures.
- Occasionally trails can be closed by Park wardens due to high grizzly bear activity. If this is the case, we will find alternative trails.
- You will be required to sign a 'release of claims and waiver of liability' form prior to the departure of this tour.