Yukon Quest 2020
- Prices are per person based on double occupancy.
- All transactions are in Canadian dollars. 5% GST will be added.
- Book this tour early, as seats sell out fast.
- NYQ / 2020Feb 3 2020 to Feb 10 2020Available Spaces:7
Day 1 – Monday, February 3, 2020
Transfer from Whitehorse airport to your hotel.
Meet your guide and the other participants for an pre-trip information meeting. Your Arctic winter clothing package will be available at the hotel upon your arrival. A Yukon Quest welcome package will be waiting in your room, with up-to-date itinerary details, maps and information. Try on your clothing package, to ensure fit, and maybe take a fashion photo? No meals are included.
Day 2 – Tuesday, February 4, 2020
You'r on your way to the Capital of the Klondike Gold Rush; Dawson City, where we will arrive in the early evening. There will be plenty of time for stops along the way. Lunch is included.
Day 3 - Wednesday, February 5, 2020
Be ready to cheer on the dog teams as they pull into Dawson City for their mandatory rest and check-in. Your guide will be available all day with transportation and up-to-the-minute race information. Meet the Yukon Quest crews and volunteers and see the inside operation as the day unfolds.
In between all the activities, you'll explore Dawson on a city tour.
No visit to Dawson City is complete without a visit to famous Diamond Tooth Gertie's Gambling Hall, with exclusive opening for Yukon Quest. Enjoy live Klondike entertainment and try your luck at the gambling tables.
No meals are included.
Day 4 - Thursday, February 6, 2020
In the morning you'll depart for the Tombstone Territorial Park excursion. Travel with your guide up the Dempster Highway to Tombstone Territorial Park. Known by its granite peaks and subarctic tundra landscape, this Yukon Icon will leave you wanting more. Bring your camera as you will no doubt encounter some arctic wildlife. Lunch is included.
Day 5 - Friday, February 7, 2020
Time to leave the Klondike and travel back to Whitehorse. You may catch final glimpses of the mushers on the trail as you go. Enjoy the beautiful views and memorable landscapes. Lunch is included.
Day 6 - Saturday, February 8, 2020
You will notice the excitement building as Whitehorse prepares for the Yukon Quest, and the mushers draw closer to the finish line. Your guide will show you Whitehorse on an City Tour. This includes many of the Capital City landmarks, Kwanlin Dun Cultural Centre, Yukon Quest headquarters, Quest Fest Activities, Yukon Wildlife Preserve and Takhini Hot Springs. No meals included.
The night will bring some excitement when you'll hunt for the Aurora Borealis.
Day 7 - Sunday, February 9, 2020
Your guide, who has been keeping tabs on the race, will keep you updated so you can be at the Finish Line today and witness the teams arrive. The excitement, exhaustion and celebration of the finish will be something to tell your family and friends for years to come. Be a part of the festivities as media, supporters, volunteers, family and friends all come together for the big finish of the Yukon Quest 2018! Who will be the winner? (Depending on expected arrival times, you may be able to spend some time snowshoeing or snowmobiling (optional)).
Day 8 - Monday, February 10, 2020
Transfer to the airport from where you will continue your travels or return back home.
- 7 nights hotel accommodation.
- Airport transfers.
- Lunches provided where indicated.
- Winter clothing package.
- Yukon Quest welcome package.
- Transfers to/from Dawson City.
- Private group tour in Dawson City.
- Yukon Quest events & activities in Dawson City.
- Guided trip to Tombstone Territorial Park.
- City tour Whitehorse, incl. Yukon Wildlife Preserve and Takhini Hot Springs.
- Aurora Hunting from Whitehorse.
- Meals and beverages other then stated in itinerary.
- Trip cancelation & medical insurance: We strongly recommend you purchase adequate insurance coverage at the time of booking. Your policy should cover injury, illness or death, trip cancelation, emergency medical, search & rescue, flight accident, travel accident, loss of baggage and personal effects.
- Dates are tentative, subject to change up to May 2019.
- Due to the nature of the race we cannot 100% guarantee as to when mushers actually arrive into any checkpoint. After all it is a race with humans,dogs and nature involved.